An OE-Cake level is a sandbox with a user element, usually mixed with powder or fuel, with the goal of getting it to a destination in one piece. A few examples of this can be found in my two level sets: Level 1-3 and Level 4-6.
The goal here is to get your pink blob, box or other material into the green elastic in the white wall. Gdude2002 19:14, January 12, 2010 (UTC)
Tips for level makers
To make a level, you need to consider the following things.
- What are you going to make your player out of? Will it flow, ooze, bounce, roll or slide? Make it a different colour from everything else.
- What is going to get in the way? The drain, a chance of burning, or something else?
- What techniques can you use?
- First of all, look at wall-jumping. Works a treat.
- Next, look at mochi-flying. A small blob of mochi can allow your player to fly, but a big blob will swallow them up!
- Finally, can you complete it multiple ways? Sometimes it's best to make a shortcut, but that's your choice.
- Is it possible? Make sure it's actually possible to get to the end of the level using just the keyboard. If it's not, refine it.
- Solutions. Do a solution video with FRAPS, and put it on YouTube, in case anyone gets stuck.
Lava Run - Megakonijn
Cat-a-pult - Phsvx
Level 1 - HuntBoston1508
the person who wrote these is russian, and can't speak english. This levels created by Leshiy