About Oe Cake!
OE-Cake! is a two-dimensional physics sandbox that was a companion to the PowderToy and Algodoo (you may remember it as Phun), back when physics games used to be popular.
OE-Cake was one of the first physics sandboxes that could have solids, liquids, and gasses all interacting together, in real-time on your screen. OE-Cake can do water, fire, explosions, weight, friction, and pressure to name a few, and you can combine materials to create something completely unique. OE-Cake has some reasonably advanced physics and graphics options, especially for a game that is almost 10 years old.
Extra ReadingArticles about some crazy hidden things you may have never known OE-Cake can do!
- Background Color
- Baker-Bertrand Particle
- Screen Size
- Cut Content
- Electrical Conduction
- Copy and Paste
- Ghost Particles
121 articles since July 2008
Welcome to the OE-Cake Wiki!
The wiki about OE-Cake that anyone can edit
If you really want to help out, post OE-Cake videos on Youtube and talk about it on social networking sites, so that OE-Cake doesn't become lost! How many people will even read this? I hope enough that we find at least a few willing to contribute to the wiki, OE-Cake has so much to find.
Also, in an effort to discover how busy the OE-Cake community is, we have decided to implement a human-counter to determine what percentage of the page views are caused by people, and what percentage is caused by other internet beings such as bots, scrapers, crawlers, indexers, and who knows what else.
You're fully capable of downloading the game and using the Wiki to learn how to make cool stuff. Get to it.
If you have an idea of something unique that can be done in OE-Cake, or know of a feature that does not have a page, feel free to be the first person to talk about it by entering a title in the box below:
What's new on OE-Cake Wiki
- Tuesday 8th of July
- The OE-Cake Wiki has been created, and is ready to be edited by lots of people!
- Saturday 9th May 2009
- gdude2002 - Decided to help out with making this place work. Tried to get in contact with the owner.
- Monday 11th May 2009
- gdude2002 - Individual pages on each of the elements made. Now, I need to work on recipes. Anyone fancy helping out?
- Wednesday 13th May 2009
- Added loads of recipes that a friend on http://sandcastle.freeforums.org gave me. Added a page on the basics of OE-Cake.
- Thursday 9th of July
- Added articles about OE-Cake's View modes.
- Thursday 23rd July
- Around 114 Recipes so far. That's huge!
- Saturday 11th September
- The OE-Cake wiki has reached 100 articles!
- December 10th, 2015
- The wiki has had an extensive overhaul! Make it worth it by spreading the word of OE-Cake!
- Not sure where to start?
- Find out more about the wiki on the About page.
- If you are new to wikis, check out the tutorial.
- Check out Help:Starting this wiki if you're setting up the wiki.
- Adding content
- Every wiki has two list of articles that need help called "Stubs" and "Wanted Articles". Don't be shy, get in there.
- Uploading images is another really easy way to help out - see the Special:Upload page!
- You can find a list of useful templates on Category:Templates, some of which are documented on the templates project page.
- Talk and more...
- Check out the community portal to see what the community is working on, to give feedback or just to say hi.